Gas Pipe Inspection & Soundness Test
In accordance with the Singapore Gas Act, a Gas Inspection is made mandatory by the Energy Market Authority (EMA) on gas pipes on premises on an annual basis, while a Soundness Test is made mandatory every 3 years. This is to ensure the safe use of gas on your premises.
When the SP Group has sent you a letter regarding either a Gas inspection or Soundness test, you are then required to engage a Licensed Gas Service Worker (LGSW), such as ourselves, to inspect the gas pipes on your premise(s) and issue a Certificate of Fitness to certify that your premise’s gas pipes are fit for use.
We at Nebula Engineering are a team of gas leak detection specialists that are highly competent in conducting soundness tests and Gas pipe inspections on gas pipeline systems to ensure continued efficiency and safety.
Our gas detectors used are in compliance with the authority regulations and standards. They are regularly calibrated to ensure optimal functionality and efficiency for the task.
All gas pipe inspection and soundness test work can be conducted at either day or night at your convenience and if needed, extensions to the due date can be made to the SP Group through us.
Our technicians will be dispatched to:
- Inspect the gas pipes to detect gas leaks and/or gas pipe corrosion;
- or Conduct a Soundness Test at a suitable testing point;
- Report back on the results of their inspection or Test;
- Advise you on what you can do in the case any issues are found;
- Issue you a Certificate of Fitness to certify that the gas pipes are “fit and safe for use”;
- Submit the completed Certificate of Fitness to the appropriate authorities on your behalf.